Enhance, Build, and Conduct Your Safety Training Program
Training is one of the most important elements in an OSHA compliance program. Providing your workers with complete information and instruction as to the processes they are involved in, the equipment they might need to use, the protection available, and potential effects of exposure to chemicals is extremely important to OSHA.
Streamline your safety training process with classroom and online training programs!
There are many safety training requirements under OSHA and EPA. Regardless of the safety training you wish to conduct, there are always two basic components you must address:
- Elements required to be covered by the regulations,
- Specific details related to your facility.
The Classroom Training feature in the KellerOnline® Safety Management Tool seamlessly weaves the two components together so you can quickly and easily develop a training program that both meets regulatory requirements and provides safety information specific to your workplace.
Step 1: Determine which training requirements apply to you.
Each training topic in KellerOnline offers a quick overview on which industries the training topic applies to. You can also easily determine which topics are based on OSHA rules with training requirements.
Step 2: Develop a program specific to your needs with the training tools provided.
Select your topics from the nearly 200 training topics offered on KellerOnline. Based on the materials you select and your level of customization, your training program can vary considerably. Within each training topic you will find the materials below. All are printable, downloadable, and most can be customized right in KellerOnline.
- How to Approach document
- Outline & PowerPoint Presentation (English or Spanish)
- Real Life Story
- 5-Minute Talks
- Training Certificates
- Quizzes (English or Spanish)
- Handouts (English or Spanish)
- Training Videos
Online training provides you with the tools you need to supplement classroom and field training with interactive, self-paced learning. Blended learning has shown to improve the retention of concepts and ensures student interaction. Online training is an ideal tool for you to use as a follow-up or prerequisite to hands-on training to reinforce key concepts.
Enrolling students in online training courses in the KellerOnline® Safety Management Tool is as easy as...
- Choose your course title
- Click Enroll Students link
- Select the employees you want to enroll in the course.
You can also set your course enrollment options
- Set the time frame to complete the course (maximum of 90 days)
- Set reminders for employees that their course time is expiring
- Choose to send course enrollment information directly to employees or print their enrollment information for distribution
In addition to enrolling employees in Online Training courses, there are several other tools and functions available to aid in the administration on your online training program. These include:
- Customizing the Student Training Portal
- Answering employee questions
- Updating email notification settings
- Monitoring employee progress
- Printing progress reports and completion certificates
It's hard enough to prepare and present training programs, but a trainer's job is not complete until the training is documented. Training recordkeeping allows you to track all your safety training activities. Print rosters, training reports, and completion certificates for each class or course.
Training documentation is required in some OSHA standards. However, regulatory compliance is not the only reason to keep training records. Training documentation may be needed as part of an internal management or quality system. Training records are also useful when evaluating the effectiveness of training programs.
The Training Recordkeeping feature in KellerOnline allows you to maintain training records for an unlimited number of training topics and classes.
- Build records off KellerOnline's classroom and online training, as well as training titles you define on your own.
- Track all class set-up information in one place; including dates and times, instructors, locations, evaluation methods, and training expenses.
- Enroll or pull class participants from you Employee List or Online Training Courses in KellerOnline.
- Print class rosters, class details, and training certificates to document your training.
- Generate reports for completed courses, training coming due, and all your training history.
Let KellerOnline help you build your safety training programs, sign up for a free trial today!